Sunday, February 3, 2013

Dreaming Spring

I'm thinking SPRING - forward and backward.
Planning the new veggie and herb gardens and flower beds.
Remembering our trip to England last spring.... and the amazing Borough Market where you could buy anything foody. 


Wall to wall people...


bedding plants...


cut flowers...


 jams and chutneys...


blue and green eggs
( hey!  we grow these )...



yummy pasties...


yep, a section for turnips! 


farm fresh veggies...




any mushroom you can think of... 




game...


fish and seafood...


and lunch!


Outside the market there was the most incredible cheese store. Also wall to wall people. All queued up  out the door for a taste to help decide which cheeses to bring home. 


I loved that it was all family farm; artisan, one of a kind. 






Just thinking about it makes me want to put on a floppy straw hat and carry a basket to market.
:-) 

hugs, K 

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous market!!
    BTW my curtains are a soft linen and I tied them back with a burlap ribbon.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Karen, that market looks fabulous. So does your lunch ;-)
    I would have had so much fun with all that cheese ~ I'm with you ~ dreaming of spring

    ReplyDelete