Sunday, March 28, 2010

On how to postpone going for a run...

It's grey, cold and wet. I'll go for a run tomorrow. Really.

Yesterday afternoon I took my sewing machine in to a nearby quilt shop/Bernina distributor for repair. It has to take a long roadtrip ( 4 hours ) to the manufacturer's repair shop in Toronto. It needs a new brain. I likely won't have it back for a month or so. Anyhoo... while I was there, I bought a meter of this. It's difficult to see because it's so dark, but you get the idea. 

and this too
and my plan is to make some tops using this pattern called the Juliet Tunic by Serendipity Studio .  I cut out the white on white already, but now that I've thought about it, she also had a black and white coordinating that added to the black, white and red would make an adorable dress. I think I'll make a quick trip on my lunch hour next week.

I also stared this

It's a cowl, or a capelet. I got it at the Kitting Nimrod Collective when I visited my Mom last weekend.  It's made with Suri Prism and the pattern is a promotional giveaway when you buy the yarn. If the rain keeps up I'll have it done by end of day.

Coming soon, pics of finished projects!  

No comments:

Post a Comment